Kamis, 15 September 2011

Smart Interior Design Apps With the advent of the smartphone

it's no surprise how everything can be accessed with just one gadget. Games, Email, Facebook, Exercise Routines, Recipes, Twitter - it's all there in that small piece of gadget we used to know as a mere cellphone. And for designers like me, life is made much more interesting and fun with these cool apps that can show me how my walls will look if I repaint them, or how I can measure and make a floor plan by just taking pictures or how I can easily access an Autocad file when I'm not on my laptop. For my top picks, I divided them into two categories namely: Design Apps on My Iphone and Other Design Apps I Have Yet To Try. Read on:


Design Apps on My Iphone


1. Magic Plan (free)


Magic Plan helps you create a floor plan in an instant. All you have to do is stand in the middle of the room and capture every corner of the room using the camera. After that, you just have to take the measurements of the walls with the most length so the app can calibrate the measurements of the room based on that. It is a bit difficult at first, most especially the capturing of the corners but once you've tried at least three rooms, it will be much easier. The app has a tutorial that clearly explains how to do it and the interface is very easy to use. There will be a Magic Plan watermark though, at the middle of the floor plan, but you can upgrade to the paid app if you don't want the watermark. For me, it works well, watermark and all.





2. Color Capture - Benjamin Moore (free)


Take a photo and this app will capture and match the colors that are on that picture. Using Benjamin Moore Paint's 3,300 colors, this app can help you make a color scheme out of anything that your eyes fancy. I personally love the colors available in this app and I can make as much color schemes as I want. You can save it to your photo album so you can send it to your client or if you just want to keep a copy of it.


Thanks for your visiting this blogSmart Interior Design Apps With the advent of the smartphone any comments? please write your comments below ..

Subscribe

Followers

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP