Kamis, 05 Januari 2012

2Anchor

2Anchor


How To: Mosaic Tile Vases

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 07:00 AM PST

Photobucket

So I went into this DIY thinking it was going to be super easy. Glue some tiles, grout them, TADA! Not so much, and my manicure was completely destroyed in the process(WARNING: Wear gloves). I mean, it was relatively easy..I may be exaggerating a bit, I tend to do that.

Photobucket
Step 1: I have a million of these slim vases around my house. We used them as part of our wedding centerpieces...3 per table. So I've been trying to find some uses for them. The mosaic tiles I found at AC Moore. Make sure your vases, or whatever you're using is clean and dry.

Photobucket
Step 2: Create a design and glue each tile on individually. You need glue that is specifically for glass. Hot glue doesn't work, that was my first attempt. Let these dry 30-45 min.

Photobucket
Step 3: Cover your tiles with Mosaic Tile Grout. Follow directions on the container. I let mine sit for 30min before wiping off excess.

A day later.........

Photobucket

After setting over night, I polished the tiles and wrapped the bottom with suede and hemp(also left over from the wedding). I thought these were going to look more modern; which they may have, had I not of caked on the grout. In the end, I like the whole not so perfect look too them! 

Thanks for your visiting this blog2Anchor any comments? please write your comments below ..

Subscribe

Followers

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP